Sunday, May 8, 2011

I didn't, but I did.

I didn't get a dozen roses delivered to my door.
I didn't get un-interrupted sleep the night before.
I didn't arise to find new jewellry, clothes or gifts.
I didn't find the house all clean to give my spirit a little "lift".
I didn't get a gourmet meal brought to me in bed.
Nor did I get hours by myself to relax and escape the dread.

BUT

Two sleepy faces greeted me and tugged me out of bed.
I felt the kicks inside myself and tousled messy heads.
I smelled the coffee brewing and heard my husband making toast.
I sat with no agenda and read some books (which I love the most!)
I took a lengthy shower, plucked my eyebrows, did my hair.
I opened up some cards and enjoyed how they did share,
A scribbled piece of paper that had been painted with such care.

We sat together as a fam and sang the hymns of old.
I pondered with amazement at the lessons being told.
I felt encouraged and renewed - my mind was still...at peace.
"I know I'm far from perfect Lord, but your mercy does not cease."

It might not have been textbook or the way it "should be done",
But this Mother's Day it seems, that I'M the lucky one.

Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! I related so well to this! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love it. Very talented. Love you and your gorgeous family:)

    ReplyDelete