Saturday, October 15, 2011

They like me for me...



I like that my kids don't have a stereotype for the perfect 'Mommy". I know the day will come when I will do things that are so 'uncool' and 'old' and they will wish they had someone else's mom.
But for now, I enjoy that they like me for me....



They don't notice greasy hair or sweatpants.
They don't see bushy eyebrows or spotted skin.
They don't care if the voices I make while reading a book make sense with the character I portray.



They just like me...for me.



They don't think I look ridiculous when I dance with them.
They don't hear my voice falter when I reach for that high note on their favorite song.
They don't notice when the rug needs cleaning, furniture needs dusting and laundry is piling up in the corner.



They love my silly faces.
They like my cooking. (most of the time)
They want my snuggles.
They ask for my kiss.
They forgive my impatience.
They whisper "I love you."



Today I didn't have to be size 2. I wasn't expected to be 'made up' and perfect.
Today I was only and always....me.

4 comments:

  1. Aw that is so perfect. Absolutely right too. I needed to hear this. I have been down about my increasing size;) this makes me feel calmer:)
    Thank you.
    And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post Jessie, so truthful. No matter what the world say to you or Karissa, you are both amazingly beautiful women! Just look at your families if you doubt it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you for you, too! And I miss you as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rad post. Loved it. Love how you are living and dwelling as a mama and woman. SO excited that I'll get to say hello in person in less than 2 weeks. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete