Friday, May 7, 2010

Laura




Laura is my mom.
It's funny how the word "mom" comes with so many emotions: warmth, love and laughter. As a child, I didn't really know my mother as a woman - she was just my mom! What a pleasure it has been to get to know her as "the woman" and find out that she is my very close friend.

She is wonderful.
She is the best.
She is a woman of integrity.
She is a woman of godly character.
She is the mother of 3.
She has aged beautifully.
She is a teacher.
She loves her family.
She loves people.
She is a great listener.
She is a good "cookers".
She is lovely.
She is hilarious.
She has great taste in men and even better kids. ( :) )
She is incredibly courageous.
She cares.
She exudes wisdom.
She keeps the peace.
She accepts situations and crisis with grace, kindness and love.
She has a heart for our international friends.
She speaks truth.

Mom - I hope you don't mind your Mother's Day card being put on display this year. I'm not sure I can put into words how much I appreciate and love you. It is such a comfort knowing you are only a few hours away instead of across the country. I love watching you with my children and know that they will have so many more memories of time with their Nana. You truly are an inspiration and you make me want to be better as a wife, daughter and especially a mother.
I love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. oh Jess.. this card is awesome. I wish I could see your mom's facial expression as she reads.. and then gets to the bottom pic. Too funny. :)

    I love your mom too. She has shown me and lived out for me how to be a Godly woman, a wife of good character, a friend who loveth at all times. You are incredibly blessed to have Laura as your mom. :) You warmed my heart cockles today. :) xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so sweet! Isn't it so true that we never start appreciating our parents until we're adults..and we don't fully start until we become parents. I never realized just how hard my mom worked until I was dealing with my ex-fiance's son and I found myself constantly going back mentally to when I was a child and tried to remember how my mom handled things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is the greatest! I miss her but knowing how much it means to you to have her closer makes it okay that she is so far away from us now. Hope you are both having a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've left you an award on my blog today Jess. I know you're having 'puter problems but I really love your blog and hope you are able to get back to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete