Tuesday, December 1, 2009




I'm not a bragger. I actually do the opposite and downplay most of the events of my life as "ordinary". However tonight it hit me...the urge to brag a wee bit on myself for one of my latest accomplishments!



Nov.16, 2009 - I gave birth to a healthy girl. At 7lbs. 10 oz., Sophie Jeanne came flying out of me and into our amazing doctors arms. Now I do need to clarify...when I say giving birth, I do of course mean a completely natural, drug free, 40 minutes of pushing birth experience! I DID IT! After my first son came via c-section, I was apprehensive and yes...terrified of the whole birthing process...cmon..it hurts! But I did it! :) My husband was amazing at coaching me, the doctor and nurses were supportive and encouraging, and God was totally there giving me the energy and strength I needed to meet my precious daughter.

wow...what an experience.

o ya..and one more thing...she is breastfeeding awesome! :) It's so nice to know that my body works and is fulfilling it's purpose!









p.s - I would like to add that to most of you reading this, you have all given birth naturally and maybe this doesn't seem "brag worthy" to you. Apologies. I don't mean to at all downplay your birth stories or make mine seem better...just enjoying this moment of elation before my baby starts crying for food again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Good for you to celebrate! Every birth is so incredible on the mother's part. So natural but yet so dangerous. I admire you for your strength...

    Natural births are harder in a different way but c sections are harder the stomach way... and drugs are harder with the after effects. Each one is so uniquely empowering and inspiring. ( I am writing this more for your readers benefits - in case they had one of these- than yours...I know you know all this:)

    I am so happy for you and she is perfect. You should "brag" more! Its encouraging and uplifting.
    I miss you ! Can't wait till you can get on a saner schedule to see you again. Until then though call if you need help please. That's what I am here for. Honestly I would love to take Connor or both...or on a weekend when you and dave want a nap -P and I would totally love to watch the kids!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brag away. Completely bragworthy! I think it's incredible. WAY TO GO!

    She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete