Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"People...
people who need people.
They're the luckiest people in the world..."

Sing it Barbara.

I'm one of those people. I love others. Love socializing. Love to be loved.
So knowing this about myself, now that ALL (thats right, I said ALL) of my social calendar has been put on hold until after the New Year, I find myself counting the hours of my day. Boredom? Not quite. Frustrated? Almost. Lonely? Bang on sister!
But the question is...why? Why do I let myself feel sorry for me and be lonely the whole day through? I could call someone...I could go to someone's house. I have friends that love me and care about me enough to make my day a little less lonely...so what stops me? To be honest, most days it's vanity. I haven't showered or done my makeup...or my house is a disaster and I don't want someone thinking I can't handle my tiny little house. But some days, it goes a bit deeper. My head says "so-and-so doesn't want to spend time with you. What could you have to offer to the conversation anyways?" So I don't call. Don't invite.
How silly! I can't blame anyone but myself. Perhaps I sense a New Years Resolution to be more aggressively social? Or maybe this time is good for me. Maybe I'm just going stir crazy because it's winter and I haven't been outside in a while.
I feel cooped in.
I have no solution to this problem...just needed to finally write out my thoughts and how I'm feeling. I'm sure everyone has at one time, felt this way. My heart goes out to you. And if there is anyone who feels this way now...you know where to find me. If you don't mind bedhead, dirty dishes and perhaps the odd un-covered pimple...come on over.

2 comments:

  1. I always want to hang out with you. Come over on friday if you want.

    I know what it's like though... blah. Trying to maintain a certain image of "coping" can be like a prison because you are never completely "ready" to get out and socialize. Especially with a tiny baby. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Come on over in the afternoons or I can some sometime next week although I will have all my kiddos home. See ya tuesday
    love ya

    ReplyDelete