Friday, January 7, 2011

I am resolved!

Do you know that old hymn?

"I am resolved no longer to linger,
Charmed by the world's delight.
Things that are higher, things that are nobler,
These have allured my sight.

I am resolved to go to the Savior,
Leaving my sin and strife;
He is the true One, He is the just One,
He hath the words of life.
`

Great song so full of truth and old time wisdom. We sang it alot at the first college I went to. (the VERY conservative college)

But it strikes me now because I have finally decided on resolutions for this year. I like to make a New Years decision, but I don't treat it as seriously as some - although it is good to set goals for onself. So each year I come up with a physical and spiritual resolution...and this year I'm adding marital.

1. Physically: well here's where I get to share some news. We are expecting our 3rd child in July (YAY), so because this will be my last (planned) pregnancy, I want to enjoy being pregnant without all the stress about weight gain and complaining about comfort. I want to be healthy and fit, but I also want to enjoy eating chocolate and whatever else I want (within reason). :) And I`m very excited as well! :)
2. Spiritually: I`ve been challenged lately to work on my prayer life. I`d like to spend quality time in prayer each day for loved ones, missionaries and our future as a family. My whole life I`ve been prayed for diligently by grandparents, parents, church members and people that barely know me. I want to give back some of what has been so graciously bestowed on me.
3. Maritally: This year one of the areas I desperately want to challenge myself in is patience...and that starts with my husband. It seems I can hold it together through disobedience, tantrums, screaming and clutter, but I have no tolerance for him somedays. That needs to change, and I`m hoping that this year (along with many other qualities I could improve on) that I can show more patience for Dave.

I have alot more I could work on I know, but I am resolved in these 3 areas and I encourage you to hold me accountable. My goals for this year can be easily achieved and I pray that I can find the motivation each day to work on myself, my marriage and my time in prayer.

5 comments:

  1. I'll try to pray for you as much as I can, that you'll be able to work on your resolutions for 2011. You already know how excited I am for baby #3 and I'm thinking a human baby is always a good option for #3 so make sure to stick away from kittens and puppies..if you hear meowing or barking from inside of you, wake up because you're dreaming.. ;)
    I am blessed to know you, Jess, you are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goals. Again Congrats!! You look stunning preggo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goals! And once again, so happy for you. I chuckled at how you inserted the word "planned" in there ... cause, really you never know, do you? Surprises sometimes happen! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I do love snow .... in small increments. Which is why it's probably best I live in Ontario and not in Alberta. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read all your blogs for the last month or so, and let me tell you girl...you are a talented writer. I was captivated by your words, and you really made me think! I can't wait to see what you have to say next!!!

    ReplyDelete