Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Be of good cheer!

"Let us not become weary in doing good,for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up!"
Galatians 6:9


Things are back in full swing in this small town. Holidays are over and my routine is back to normal. Isn't it wonderful to have groups that you are a part of? I'm so thankful for the mom's groups I attend/ed and for the women in each of them. Without knowing it, they have inspired and encouraged me in so many ways, I couldn't possibly capture them all in this post.
Lately, the posts/comments I have been reading from moms in my community, seem to be about feelings of inadequacy, boredom, loneliness and striving to be better. I SO get that. It hits all of us - at times more than just one or two days a week - but take heart dear sisters! This is part of it! My mom has told me of so many times when she felt she did "wrong by us" or perhaps wasn't as "fun" as she thought she had to be...but I don't remember that. Sure I can recall certain instances when I disobeyed or acted defiantly and was reprimanded; but I can see now why punishment was given. I can see now why she NEEDED her time alone, or time to clean, or time to rest. As a kid I didn't get it, but I do now and I love her for taking that time. She showed and modeled for me how vital it is for a mother to have needs of her own.

Don't give up! The days WILL be hard, the battles long and the insecurities on the rise, but please don't give up. Be encouraged in the Word, in relationships and in the Lord. He is our strength and the source of our power.
And by all means, continue to post about it. Your struggles can be comfort to those who are also having a bad day and strength to those who know they are not alone.
Today was a good day for me and so I mean to encourage any who might read this. Tomorrow may be rough, and I will need the encouragement from others - thats a great gift that we moms have to give. Our experience, our struggles, what works, what doesn't...you never know who might be reading...

5 comments:

  1. I think this is true not just for mothers but women in general. We need to be reminded to be honest and opinion with others, but I think some are worried that a bad day will forever be on the internet and that that is a bad thing. I'm not sure why this is, but I know I find it comforting to read other peoples' struggles and know that I am not the only one struggling or fighting to keep my head above water on days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agreed! I am incouraged by reading others struggles because it tells me I'm not alone and that I AM NORMAL!!! lol But sometimes it's hard to share our own struggles because of fear people will judge or not understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jess for your encouragement and positive outlook! I so appreciate you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jess.. I so appreciate your heart! and agree with ForeverHis... you encouraged this 'non-mother's' heart. :) hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete