Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sick...of being sick!

For the 3rd time in 2 months, I have a sinus cold/infection. In all my other pregnancies, I have avoided taking any kind of medicine...even Tylenol, because I just want to be on the safe side. HOWEVER, this particular time, I'm having trouble sleeping, no appetite and cough candies or lemon and honey cause uncomfortable heartburn.
So I went to the hospital today. 4 hours later I left and still had not seen a doctor. 4 patients came in with severe chest pain and 2 babies with high fevers - so I get it, but it was discouraging. I think the only thing that will take care of it for good, would be antibiotics, and yet I'm still hesitant.
Any advice out there?
Anything that can help?
I've tried all the natural ways and they just aren't cutting it!

Thankful for my husband today though. He chipped right in and did the kids,laundry, dishes and vacuuming. Sigh...lucky I am. :)

3 comments:

  1. ok with Olivia I had an aweful sinus infection. It settled under my eyes and I could not sleep because my face hurt sooooo bad and of course I couldn't sleep on my back so I was out of luck. My dr. told me to get one of those sinus rinse or neti pot to do twice a day. It worked wonders!!!! I had relief after the first two times. It's kind of nasty but it really works and now we do it every time we feel a cold or something coming on! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you...try to avoid medications if at all possible during my pregnancy. However, I was SICK for all of December. Wasn't sleeping, felt terrible, etc. Finally in January (about 6 weeks into this bug) when I was in for a prenatal appt. I asked my dr. about it and he said what I had wasn't gonna go away on it's own and prescribed me some drugs. Within a day or two I was sleeping and felt so much better. I still don't like the idea of taking anything, but sleep is also important for the baby as well as my health. I know it's a hard decision, and I struggled with it too. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have nothing to offer.. I wish i could just hug you.. but i'll pray you get relief soon.

    xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete